- Julia Child Award for Academic Excellence in Gastronomy Fall 2012
- Certificate in Cheese Studies
- Level 1 Wine Certification
- Culinary and Baking Arts Certificate
Massachusetts College of Art + Design Boston, MA May 2006
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Film and Video
January 2018-current Daniel Remar, Ph.D. – Principal Investigator Durham, NH
- Assist in planning, coordination, and fulfilling grant requirements for three-part, year-long, funded consumer research study on local seafood in New England.
- Provide research support to Principal Investigator and Assistant Professor, Food and Beverage Operations, Hospitality Management Program, UNH Paul College of Business and Economics Daniel Remar for his funded study.
Freelance Writer & Editor
May 2016-current Self-employed
- Write efficient, intelligent copy for event and business marketing and social media.
- Author heavily researched articles on food and beverage history and culture; diet-based health; the human side of business.
Owner & Operator
March 2015-current Nomad & Local
- Create and source art and products for small business with an eclectic selection of unique illustrations on paper products, including notecards, wrapping paper, and prints.
- Build and manage online shop.
- Promote business on social media.
- Manage products, display, and customer service in temporary and brick and mortar retail locations.
Communications Project Manager and Writer
September 2013-April 2016 Young Presidents’ Org., Inc. Irving, TX (telecommute)
- Successfully managed a portfolio of marketing and communications projects (including yearly membership renewal campaign resulting in an average 97% renewal rate) working with an internal team of writers, designers, and key stakeholders to create communications for print, online, video, and email.
- Provide strategic advice and project management for yearly membership renewal communications and marketing campaign.
- Project manage and provide strategic direction and planning for a multi-departmental project that highlights the global impact of members’ socially conscious endeavors.
- Write and edit for member-facing and external online and print publications.
- Create and oversee special project budgets, including managing contractors and vendors and applying for internal funds as needed.
- Maintain relationships with multiple departments, members, and contractors for successful fulfillment of various marketing and communications projects.
- Provide onsite support at organization’s annual flagship global event for more than 2,000 attendees.
- Provide support and expertise in marketing research and data analytics for email marketing, social media and web.
Editorial Assistant and Contributing Writer with Editor Ken Albala
June 2012- current SAGE Publications, Inc.:Food Issues: An Encyclopedia
An ambitious, three-volume, one million-word encyclopedia on Food Issues expected to be the standard reference work on food policy; to include topics ranging from agricultural subsidies to GMOs, food deserts to nutrition guidelines, home cooking to fine dining and everything in between.
- Research and contact potential contributors for list of 450 entry topics
- Review and edit entry submissions
- Contributing entry writer
January 2008- September 2013 Young Presidents’ Org., Inc. Irving, TX (telecommute)
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Manage company intranet staff news section; write, edit and post staff-related news stories
- Contributing writer to member-facing online and print publications
- Manage new projects, like organizational history exhibit and website – writing, editing, art directing
- Provide professional, administrative and technical support to the marketing and communications department
- Support website, social media and mobile marketing projects
- Plan and coordinate department meetings and retreats for team of 16
- Maintain schedule and travel details for chief marketing officer
- Prepare expense reports for chief marketing officer
- Build and send HTML email marketing blasts using Dreamweaver and Lyris software
- Create and analyze marketing email metrics reports
Development & Events Coordinator
June 2005- December 2007 Community Art Center, Inc. Cambridge, MA
After school youth arts education non-profit
- Wrote all grant proposals, website copy and agency newsletter
- Planned and produced agency’s signature annual event, the “Do It Your Damn Self!!” National Youth Video and Film Festival, for an audience of over 900 youth and adults
- Maintained communications with donors, artists, members of the local business community, academics and the media
- Presided over all marketing and promotions
- Designed marketing and promotional materials and web content
April 2005- October 2007 Tremont 647/ Rouge South End, Boston, MA
Casual fine dining, Special events; Chef Andy Husbands
September 2004- April 2005 Bertucci’s Boston, MA
May 2004- August 2005 KSM Staffing Boston, MA
September 2002- April 2004 TGI Friday’s Boston, MA