- Julia Child Award for Academic Excellence in Gastronomy Fall 2012
- Certificate in Cheese Studies
- Level 1 Wine Certification
- Culinary and Baking Arts Certificate
Massachusetts College of Art + Design Boston, MA May 2006
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Film and Video
Freelance Writer & Editor
May 2016-current Self-employed
- Write efficient, intelligent copy for event and business marketing and social media.
- Author heavily researched articles on food and beverage history and culture; diet-based health; the human side of business.
Owner & Operator
March 2015-current Nomad & Local
- Create and source art and products for small business with an eclectic selection of unique illustrations on paper products, including notecards, wrapping paper, and prints.
- Build and manage online shop.
- Promote business on social media.
- Manage products, display, and customer service in temporary and brick and mortar retail locations.
Communications Project Manager and Writer
September 2013-April 2016 Young Presidents’ Org., Inc. Irving, TX (telecommute)
- Successfully managed a portfolio of marketing and communications projects (including yearly membership renewal campaign resulting in an average 97% renewal rate) working with an internal team of writers, designers, and key stakeholders to create communications for print, online, video, and email.
- Provide strategic advice and project management for yearly membership renewal communications and marketing campaign.
- Project manage and provide strategic direction and planning for a multi-departmental project that highlights the global impact of members’ socially conscious endeavors.
- Write and edit for member-facing and external online and print publications.
- Create and oversee special project budgets, including managing contractors and vendors and applying for internal funds as needed.
- Maintain relationships with multiple departments, members, and contractors for successful fulfillment of various marketing and communications projects.
- Provide onsite support at organization’s annual flagship global event for more than 2,000 attendees.
- Provide support and expertise in marketing research and data analytics for email marketing, social media and web.
Editorial Assistant and Contributing Writer with Editor Ken Albala
June 2012- current SAGE Publications, Inc.:Food Issues: An Encyclopedia
An ambitious, three-volume, one million-word encyclopedia on Food Issues expected to be the standard reference work on food policy; to include topics ranging from agricultural subsidies to GMOs, food deserts to nutrition guidelines, home cooking to fine dining and everything in between.
- Research and contact potential contributors for list of 450 entry topics
- Review and edit entry submissions
- Contributing entry writer
January 2008- September 2013 Young Presidents’ Org., Inc. Irving, TX (telecommute)
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Manage company intranet staff news section; write, edit and post staff-related news stories
- Contributing writer to member-facing online and print publications
- Manage new projects, like organizational history exhibit and website – writing, editing, art directing
- Provide professional, administrative and technical support to the marketing and communications department
- Support website, social media and mobile marketing projects
- Plan and coordinate department meetings and retreats for team of 16
- Maintain schedule and travel details for chief marketing officer
- Prepare expense reports for chief marketing officer
- Build and send HTML email marketing blasts using Dreamweaver and Lyris software
- Create and analyze marketing email metrics reports
Development & Events Coordinator
June 2005- December 2007 Community Art Center, Inc. Cambridge, MA
After school youth arts education non-profit
- Wrote all grant proposals, website copy and agency newsletter
- Planned and produced agency’s signature annual event, the “Do It Your Damn Self!!” National Youth Video and Film Festival, for an audience of over 900 youth and adults
- Maintained communications with donors, artists, members of the local business community, academics and the media
- Presided over all marketing and promotions
- Designed marketing and promotional materials and web content
April 2005- October 2007 Tremont 647/ Rouge South End, Boston, MA
Casual fine dining, Special events; Chef Andy Husbands
September 2004- April 2005 Bertucci’s Boston, MA
May 2004- August 2005 KSM Staffing Boston, MA
September 2002- April 2004 TGI Friday’s Boston, MA